Santa Paula Train Depot
The Southern Pacific Railroad Depot in Santa Paula is located at 963 E. Santa Barbara Street, adjacent to the Museum of Ventura County’s Agriculture Museum. Built in 1887, this was the first train depot in Ventura County, serving passengers until 1934 and hauling freight until 1975. It was also one of the first prefabricated structures in Ventura County, with its second floor serving as living quarters for the station’s agent and family. It was designated as Ventura County Historical Landmark #23 in April 1972.
The Depot is now home to the Santa Paula Chamber of Commerce and a gift shop. The depot is a filming site for many movies and commercials An original 1887 Southern Pacific Railroad Depot. Santa Paula Train Depot also is home to Railroad Park which features a gazebo, landscaped grounds and gardens, a towering 1879 Moreton Bay fig tree, and a life-size outdoor bronze sculpture, The Warning. The Depot still welcomes train enthusiasts aboard the antique Fillmore & Western Railway.